Pieces of the Past logo

About the Quilt    Map of the Landmarks

Click on the squares below for larger images and their stories.

Quilt of Historic Des Moines Landmarks

The landmarks depicted on the quilt are:

Row 1: The FlumeDrapers' Children's HomeThe Big Tree InnOld Zenith Post Office and DockDes Moines Methodist ChurchChristian Science Church

Row 2: St. Philomena Catholic ChurchHillgrove CemeteryJoers' BlockhouseRollin A. Case HouseDes Moines Telephone Office

Row 3: Neal's PavilionShuey HouseDes Moines Field HouseDes Moines School (brick)Des Moines School (wooden)Skrondal Grocery

Row 4: Masonic HomeSpanish CastleFirst Des Moines Water TanksVan Gasken HouseDes Moines MarinaMax Elsner's Greenhouse


Pieces of the Past    Quilt Home Page    << Previous Page : Next Page >>    ^ to Top ^

© 2004 Des Moines Historical Society

The Flume Drapers' Children's Home Big Tree Inn Zenith P.O. & Dock Methodist Church Christian Science Church St. Philomena Catholic Church Hillgrove Cemetery Joers' Blockhouse Rollin A. Case House Mosquito Fleet - the "Daring" Des Moines Telephone Office Neal’s Pavilion (dance hall) Shuey House Des Moines Field House Des Moines School (brick) Des Moines School (wooden) Skrondal Grocery Masonic Home - 1927 Spanish Castle First Des Moines Water Tanks of 1936-55 Van Gasken House of 1890 Des Moines Marina - 1970 Max Elsner’s Greenhouse